Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Introduction

It's January 1, 2013 and welcome to my first web-log (blog for short).  Here I'll provide details about my traveling adventures including reviews of airlines, hotels, attractions and general advice for people who want to know more.  But before we get started, here's some relevant information about myself that may be of interest and so that you can appreciate my perspective.

First, I was born in New York City (I'd specify Manhattan, but that would imply I'm acknowledging the other boroughs) to a decent set of parents who look they stepped out of a diversity brochure for some Ivy League university.  My mother is a half Uzbekistan/half-Russian who grew up in Israel.  My father is a pure blood Korean who grew up in the United States.  So what does that make me?  They tell me that I'm "international" but I prefer to be called "Mediteranean Euroasian American."

Additionally, I like the feeling of dogs scaring me, wearing clothes that have the colors pink and purple on them, dancing the same dance no matter what music is playing and wearing my hair in pigtails to accentuate how young I look.  I never wear make up nor high heels.  My version of getting dressed up is putting on a headband.

And finally, the reason I started this web-log is that I love to travel (or so my parents keep telling me I do). So far, I have been to 14 cities in 7 different countries (OK, I'm includng the US) and have flown 54,457 miles on 27 flights.  While this may not sound that impressive to some of you jetsetting frequent flyers out there, I leave you with 2 more facts to put things into context.

1.  I only got my passport about a year ago (December 2011).
2.  I'm only 14 months old (hence the term Lap Child).






Surprise!


3 comments:

  1. Songer- why is "Baby Songer" in a trash can? Is there no room in the inn? Also, it's January 7th and still only one entry. Come on, you know us working folks like to read your blogs during lunch hour. And spice it up...say, a rematch of Stev vs. Steve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There should be about 5 posts by now. I think you just clicked directly to the Intro post.

      Delete
  2. Nevermind...just saw the links on the side.

    ReplyDelete