Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Spending Time While You Can

A few months ago, we took a trip to Israel to visit my extended family on my mother's side. Thank goodness we went, because my sweet great-grandmother Lida passed last week, so I'm very thankful we were able to see her before it was too late.

Lida was the last of that generation in my family, as my paternal grandmothers in South Korea passed away a few years ago as well. A Holocaust survivor who was orphaned along with her 4 younger siblings, Lida went onto have 3 children in Uzbekistan and immigrated to Israel about 20 years ago.

2012
2013
2014
Unfortunately, I didn't have any photos with my great-grandmother on this recent 2015 trip, but I'm very thankful that I was able to see her as much as I did even though she lived 5,000 miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment