Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Eating Our Way Through The North Fork - North Fork Food Truck

It was getting towards lunchtime. While we had a few morning snacks to tide us over at Briermere and Harbes Farms, we were looking for something more substantial for lunch.

My aunt had found a food truck online that was located up the road. So after dismissing a few alternative options on Yelp!, we went to the parking lot of the North Fork Table & Inn where the North Fork Food Truck was stationed.
As you can see, there was already a small line by the time we arrived shortly before 1PM. But surprisingly, the line moved as quickly as if we were at a midtown Manhattan Chipotle!


The menu was pretty diverse, including fresh Lobster Rolls, savory Grilled Cheese, crisp Bahn Mi and hearty Sirloin Steak sandwiches. They also had some less adventurous options, such as a hot dog, pulled pork and chicken sandwiches. Important to note: Cash Only.


My father and mother split a Lobster Roll and an Grown Up Grilled Cheese. They often like to go halfsies on sandwiches so they can both try two different ones.


I ordered an Artisan Hot Dog and my aunt had a Bahn Mi while my grandmother had some of the Clam Chowder.

Behind the truck, there was a shaded, grassy area with a few picnic tables for people to eat. Smart move of the day - my grandmother and mother grabbed a table while my father and aunt waited in line. It got more crowded by the time we left and there were some people just sitting/eating on the grass.


I can't say this was the best hot dog I've ever had in my short 4 year life, but it was pretty tasty. I could have done without the big roll though. A girl's gotta watch her carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment