Saturday, April 4, 2015

Easter Egg Hunt

I'm only 3.5 years old, but I'm already trained to expect a plane ride every Easter weekend.

My first one (2012), we went to Bermuda for the long weekend. There, my parents got me a babysitter while they drove around on a scooter all over the island.

My second one (2013), we were in Mendoza, Argentina enjoying South American wine country.

My third one (2014), my family and I strolled through the streets of the French Quarter in New Orleans as we watched the fantastic NOLA Easter Parades.

This time around, we were flying to Chicago (well, NW suburbs), to visit my friends Jack & Connor. Having never experienced a "normal" Easter holiday, I was looking forward to seeing how most American families celebrated.

Of course, my father always likes to remind me that Easter is actually a religious holiday to commemorate the day "Jesus came back after going away." I'm not sure I really follow yet, but 3 year old kids like me enjoy the bunnies, eggs and chocolate that our local CVS promotes as soon as St Patrick's Day is over.

On Good Friday, Jack & Connor and I decorated some cookies. Apparently, not a well known Easter tradition, but we had a lot of fun. I made some awesome desserts.



The next day, we all drove out to a farm in rural Illinois where someone's cousin was throwing a family get together. I tagged along with my buddies and wow, there was so much space!


The adults had hidden plastic eggs all over the property so we kids went wild looking for our egg surprises.




At the end of the day, I found plenty of eggs and had a few nice souvenirs from my first real Easter. Thank you Jack & Connor!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment