Friday, May 10, 2013

New Friend Update: Levian

Well, I'm a week late on this one, but I wanted to take a minute to welcome my newest lap child friend, Baby Levian.

Levian was born on April 30th to proud parents, Simon and Semira who are two amazingly friendly Swedes living in Stockholm.

My father met the new parents back in 2008 when he and his friend Khe were visiting Sweden. One afternoon they stopped by an outdoor bar overlooking the water. In the banquette next to them were Simon, and Semira enjoying the sunny summer afternoon.

Seeing my father was an out of place and docile-looking Asian man, Simon asked if he could take a photo of them. After my father's exceptional photography skills, he and Khe were invited to join them for a few drinks. Soon enough, all became friends. For those of you who know my father, you know how he loves making random friends all over the world.

In fact, the following summer in 2009, Simon and Semira came to visit New York City to check out the surprisingly popular Swedish Midsummer festival in Battery Park City and stayed with my father in his studio apartment. As you can imagine, they loved Manhattan and it's crazy nightlife, and my father was happy to host them.


So now, my family has a standing offer to stay with them in Stockholm whenever we visit. I'm hoping it's soon so that I can meet my new friend Levian.

No comments:

Post a Comment