Saturday, May 4, 2013

Back to Civilization

Flight #49 – Air Canada 8279
Prince Rupert (YPR) – Vancouver (YVR)
Friday, May 3, 2013
Depart: 10:45AM / Arrive: 12:37PM
Duration: 1hr 52min flights
Aircraft: Bombardier Dash 8
Seat: 7D and 7F (Economy)
Earned: 470 miles
Lifetime Miles: 99,744 miles

So Friday morning, we left Prince Rupert and were slowly making our way back to civilization. But that's sometimes easier said than done.

As I mentioned when we arrived, getting to/from Prince Rupert is quite an ordeal. We first got to the airport shuttle bus stop at 8:45AM in the morning. Then the bus took everyone 20 minutes to the dock where the bus boarded the ferry for the 10 minute across the water to Digby Island where the airport is. You can get an idea from this map on the wall at the airport.


Since everyone had a lot of checked luggage, including an older man with two big Styrofoam crates of freeze dried fish, the bus was trailed by a big shipping van that took everyone's bags.

When we arrived at the airport, the van pulled around behind the airport and unloaded everything via the baggage claim as if they were coming off a flight. Then you collect your things and bring them over to the check in counter around the corner.

Then we went to the security check (with our checked bags) and put everything through the x-ray machine. I guess they're trying to make efficient use of the 1 machine they have. But since my parents just went through their Security Check Steps the other day on LCD, they were ready to sail through the screening and get comfortable in the luxurious departure gate lounge on the other side.


I, unfortunately, had other ideas and started to run around and scream as my parents removed me from my stroller. My father was having a tough time keeping me still in his arms as we all waited for our luggage to get through the machines. Yes, I was making a big scene, but that was because I saw something else on the other side of security... a colorful little kids play area. It's like they knew I was coming.





No comments:

Post a Comment