Sunday, June 28, 2015

Grande Place

After dinner at Chez Leon, we decided to spend the last hour walking around and looking for some Belgian waffles. So we walked down the Petite Rue de Bouchers towards the lighted tower in the distance where we would find the Grande Place.

The Grand Place is actually a plaza (and not a palace). It is the most important tourist destination and most memorable landmark in Brussels

Widely regarded as the "most beautiful plaza in Europe", it is surrounded by amazing guildhalls and two larger edifices - the Town Hall and the Breadhouse building containing the Museum of the City of Brussels.

But don't take my word for it, see for yourself in the following photos.





  


Since we I was too young to go to the Brussels clubs and bars, I asked my parents if we could have some tasty Belgian Waffles instead. They were more than happy to comply, and we just so happened to pass a place called Gaufre de Bruxelles (which translates into Waffles of Brussels).

So of course, my father goes inside to the waiter and asks the waiter, "Excuse me, do you know somewhere around here we could find a place that sells waffles?"










No comments:

Post a Comment