Wednesday, February 6, 2013

2nd Asian Adventure

Flight #32 - Asiana 741 
Seoul (ICN) – Bangkok (BKK)
Tuesday, Feb 5, 2013
Depart: 6:20PM / Arrive: 10:10PM
Duration: 5hr 50min
Aircraft: Boeing 777
Seat: 23J and 23K (Economy)
Mileage: 2,821 miles
Lifetime Miles: 70,677

So as you may know, my father's currently taking time away from work.  He went into the details of his situation, but all I understood is that he wanted to spend more quality time with me.  That works for me.

The downside is that the past week has been tough on my schedule.

1.  Last Tuesday Jan 29, my parents took me from Tel Aviv (TLV) via Istanbul (IST) to New York (JFK) on a back to back 2 hour flight and an 11 hour flight. I'm still pretty jet lagged from that trip.

2.  After spending a 3 days with my grandmother and my aunt, on Friday Feb 1, we flew 6 hours from Newark (EWR) to San Francisco (SFO) and got even further jet lagged.

3.  And on Mon Feb 4, we checked into our Seoul hotel after a 12 hour flight from San Francisco (SFO) to Seoul, South Korea (ICN).  So yes, 3 continents in 1 week!

4.  And then, on Tues Feb 5, we went another 6 hours to Bangkok (BKK) for an overnight before heading on a 1.5 hour flight to Chiang Mai (CNX) the next morning.  Is it me or are all parents this crazy???


So as you can see, while I should have been blogging, I've been sleeping.  I'll resume web-logging later on this week.  But now that we're finally settled in and starting out adventure, here's the plan for the next 4 weeks in Thailand:

Feb 6-12:  Chiang Mai
Feb 12-17:  Bangkok
Feb 17-22:  Koh Phangan
Feb 22-24:  Koh Samui
Feb 24-Mar 7:  Krabi

Over the next few blog posts, I'll start with our time in San Francisco and try to catch up to real time so my 2 fans can keep up with my current adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment