Sunday, March 10, 2013

Baby Peyton

This weekend, we stopped by Southern California (about 90 minutes east of LA) to spend time with my new friend Baby Peyton.

My father's friends Hannah and Ivan moved out from NY to California about 2 years ago. Since then, they've gotten married and had a baby. We haven't seen them for almost a year so we decided to spend a few days with them (and to get $20 All You Can Eat Korean BBQ) before heading back to NY to visit them.

Baby Peyton is only 8 months old but already outweighs me by a few pounds. She's a lot more calm than I am, but that's probably because she has nicer/friendlier parents (Canadian and Australian) than I do (Uzbek/Russian and East Coast American). But as you can see, what I like best about visiting her is that she has so many toys. (My stingy father doesn't think I need that many things to play with and prefers I just use my free imagination.)

But to be completely honest, I'm still not comfortable in any situation where I'm not the absolute center of attention, and I can get really difficult. However, I'm only 16 months old, so I'll hopefully grow out of that in the next few months (unlike some full grown adults I've met).

Apparently, I get extremely jealous when my father holds another baby. I also have an instinctive urge to pry away anything that's in the hands of the other baby. And don't even get me started on when my mother even whispers the word "dance," because my legs can't help themselves and will do anything to win back the crowd's attention.

I have noticed that my parents get extremely happy when I hug and kiss the other babies. Maybe I should just stick with that.




No comments:

Post a Comment