Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Halloween Weekend in Chicago

Since we live in the urban jungle of New York City, I never get to enjoy the "traditional" Halloween trick-or-treating that many other American kids do.

So now that I'm old enough to understand and appreciate Halloween, my parents decided to visit our friends Jack & Connor in the Chicago suburbs where we could trick-or-treat in their residential neighborhood.

Of course, we flew out on an early Friday afternoon fight United Airlines from LaGuardia after stopping by the American Express Centurion Lounge for a complimentary lunch (juicy fried chicken and buttery mashed potatoes).


The flight board took off on time and arrived a bit early. Aside from the gate lice at the LGA boarding gate, we had no complaints on our flight. I took my nap during the flight

After landing at Chicago O'Hare, we took the complimentary hotel shuttle to the Holiday Inn Express. Normally, we'd opt for a Starwood property, but IHG was running an Accelerate Promotion where we'd earn 43,200 IHG points.

That Friday evening, my parents and I went over to our friends house where we kids made our own personal pizzas. It's not exactly Chicago Deep Dish, but hey, we're only children!



Then after our pizza dinner, my parents and friends surprised me with an early birthday party. They even got me my favorite My Little Pony on the birthday cake.


The next day was Halloween. Unfortunately, there was a huge thunderstorm for most of the day, putting our trick-or-treating at risk. But thankfully, by 6PM, the rain passed, and it ended up being a cool autunm night - perfect for house hopping.


I was supposed to be dressed up as a princess, but it was too cold for me. My mother insisted I wear sweatpants, a jacket, gloves and a hat. So my outfit wasn't really screaming royalty. But I was just happy we were able to trick-or-treat!




No comments:

Post a Comment