Friday, October 16, 2015

Maternal Grandmother's Visit

We just booked my maternal grandmother a trip to visit us from Israel for most of November.

This week, Israel's national airline, El Al, announced a Winter sale for travel to/from the United States. Normally, non-stop flights cost anywhere from $1,200-1,400 per person.

However, El Al was offering them for as low as $815. And guess what? United decided to match them!

So we confirmed prices and dates on United.com and then went to Citi Thank You's travel portal to book using our valuable Citi Thank You points. We redeemed 65,148 TY Points from my mother's account at 1.25 cents/pt, saving us $815.

Additionally, it pretty much clears her Citi Thank You account of all her points, so we can close her $95/year Citi TY Premier card next time the annual fee comes up.

But I'm more focused on getting to see my grandmother again. We usually only see each other once a year, so I'm happy I get to see her again. And we can show her an American Thanksgiving!







No comments:

Post a Comment